Tuning Instagram Images For Better Engagement
Getting your chops up to par for delivering a beautiful and interesting stream of photos on Instagram can be great fun. But how can you tune your image’s subtitles to get even more attention?
This infographic from curalate.com is the result of their study of over 8,000,000 images on Instagram in order to discern what image traits get more likes. The good news? It is al fun stuff to play with!
Plan and Adjust Your Instagram Images for Better Results
Here is a brief outline of the findings which offer a good pallet of ideas to play with. Definitely check out the full infographic below as it demonstrates the suggestions quite well with visual examples from Instagram.
- Images with high lightness generate 24% more likes than dark images.
- Images with a high amount of background space generate 29% more likes than those without.
- Images with blue as the dominant color generate 24% more likes that those with red.
- Images with a single dominant color generate 17% more likes than multiple colors.
- Images with low color saturation generate 18% more likes than vibrant colors.
- Images with lots of texture generate 79% more likes than those without.